Saturday, September 12, 2009

Nascent



I sit here on the edge of my bed, about to put my bare feet down on a new phase in life.

I have a second job interview with an amazing company on Monday--one involved in social informatics. (Who knew something that cool existed??) I stand a very good chance of winning the position.

My contract job is two weeks away from ending.

I ended things last week with my longtime boyfriend--a deep love--but still six years of going nowhere as years drained away.

I feel like I'm waking up from a fitful sleep--emotions, long dulled and muted; efficacy, long denied and atrophied; body, long neglected: now I can feel again, exhale, and work on all eight cylinders. I don't have to try so hard to be something I'll never be. Instead, I can be what I never thought I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment